I have been developing a corset pattern, but wasn't quite happy with my result so far. I decided to approach it from another direction and unearthed a bodice pattern from some years back. I happened to see some hessian and thought it's suitably earthy for sewing a sample.
I decided to leave the raw seams on the outside.
If this actually is a sample I got a bit carried away with detail. I cut some silk velvet strips from a piece I burned when the dyepot ran out of water... For stitching I used red silk that originates either from my mum's or grandma's sewing box.
PSst! Now you can view the outfit here!