Wednesday, August 29, 2012

making progress with Beginnings

It's been quiet on the blog for a bit as I've gone all shy about showing process photos... The silk dress still needs hemming and I'm dreaming of some embroidery to go on it too. It might get another dress to layer with, unless I decide it displays better when it remains a bit translucent.

The hessian top was abandoned for a while but has been picked up again... I'd like to complete it and pair it with a big skirt. 

The peat felt skirt needs a top half.

I'm still thinking about making another dress, especially as I have some nice pink dye waiting to be used. Meg gave me some pineapple sage cuttings and Jo shared her results for inspiration. I admire the delicious colour on my kitchen windowsill.



A month and a bit to go to exhibition start... I need to work pretty smartly if I fancy to achieve all this on top of regular life with work and kids. Big breath...


2 comments:

  1. big breathe indeed - you aren't the only one needing to work "pretty smartly" - not at the nightmares stage yet but if I don't get more work done soon it will all become a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I know exactly what you mean. But hey, we'll just keep breathing no matter what...

      Delete

Your thoughts are most welcome.