Sunday, May 17, 2009

getting sorted

Yesterday I got out all my coloured wool: some of it had been abandoned in the far corner of the wardrobe for some time. My 3 year old loved helping me to sort everything into a big colour wheel on the floor.

Later we walked part way up to the Centre of New Zealand, collecting acorns, berries, fallen branches with hard sharp leaves and pieces of bark. I hope they will come handy in a couple of weeks, when I get to escape the family, and spend three days felting, dyeing and stitching in a workshop called "Landskins,
camouflage wraps for wilderness wanderers".

The bush had a mat of fallen leaves, the recent autumn storms have stripped some of the trees bare. We are heading towards winter, but I feel the opposite, like waking up from hibernation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are most welcome.