Friday, July 13, 2012

workroom graduate

As I introduced my trainee a couple of days ago, it would be rude not to mention the graduate that also likes to take part in the workroom action.
 
Spot the qualified helper!


She blessed me with her calming presence as I finally, after being distracted by a load of firewood that needed stacking, got into stitching the silk dress I cut the other day. I had never seamed silk georgette with a sewing machine before.I gave it a go with some silk thread I dyed for the purpose. The result was really neat and didn't pucker if I stretched the seam while sewing. But it was too stiff for my liking, so I'm handstitching for a softer drape. This might take a while...
Will give her plenty of time to snooze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are most welcome.